Vishva Hindu Parishad of Australia’s South Australian chapter was established in 2015 and since then has been actively serving the South Australian Hindu community. All its activities are run by a team of enthusiastic young women and men who are inspired by our vision and regularly contribute their time and services.
Vishva Hindu Parishad (World Hindu Council) was inspired and founded on the eternal values and principles of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (The world is one family). This vision is to spread the message of inter-dependence of human societies, nature and her environment - "Harmony with the Creation" and to create a dynamic, vibrant Hindu Society which contributes to the prosperity of Australia.
- Deliver services in the field of social service, education and cultural development
- Inspire and support community members to participate in preserving Hindu heritage and cultural values
- Promote strong ties among various divisions to deliver services effectively by providing training, mentoring, resources and networking opportunities
- Support projects with a focus on art, cultural and educational values to children and youth
- Promote the principles of Unity in Diversity and multiculturalism in Australia in partnership with the local councils, the Australian federal, state governments and other community organisations
VHP has the strategic vision of taking the festivals out of the ethnic groups and bringing them out in the public view, so that the ethnic groups can share their rich diverse and unique culture with wider Australians, which will only bring them closer to each other.
VHPs objective is to promote activities of culture, community arts, community languages, heritage, education, aid and relief to the needy, or any other activity in the advancement of general social and public benefits.
The service divisions of Vishva Hindu Parishad of Australia Inc. achieve the vision and mission above through its programs, oulined under the program section.